Sunday, August 4, 2013

Juice Fast Day 2 -- Epic Fail

Well, I guess it wasn't really epic since I did make it through 1 1/2 days!! But the hunger and haze and weakness finally got to me and I had to quit. Or I chose to quit. But I am proud I hug on as long as I did. I learned some more stuff as well...

1. I LOVE fresh made juice!! Seriously, you would think I would never want to drink juice again, but that wasn't the case. I even made juice for friends!

2. The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer does not like kale (it sends most of it to the pulp bin) and will sometimes spit back blueberries, the occasional apple wedge, carrot slices and plum pieces. And grapes.

3. The Jack LaLanne Power Juicer likes to spit juice at your white t-shirt.

I think to more successful at the juice fast next time I should prepare better, rather than just jump in after eating kind of poorly. And not go anywhere or do anything active at all. I gave up after a trip to the pool. I didn't even swim laps, just played around a bit. But for most of the fast I didn't feel like doing anything and felt like I was in some kind of food deprived haze. It was not a pleasant feeling.

This week the focus will be on healthy eating. Lots of salads and ETL recipes. And JUICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and be heard