Monday starts the 2nd part of our challenge on Facebook. It has come at a great time for me as it is after the holiday and the beginning of my vacation. Definitely some extra challenges in there, but I am going to meet them!
My overall goals are the following:
1. No animal products whatsoever. This means not eating something unless I KNOW it is not made with dairy and/or eggs (and other animal products, obviously). This is where I have been lacking in making the transition to becoming a full vegan (well, this and leather products).
2. 1 salad everyday, and fruit with every meal.
3. Limited oil, salt and sugar.
4. Exercise daily, increasing running distances or times.
5. Lose 10 pounds.
Now, I do have a weeklong vacation in the midst of this and some exceptions will be made. These are my vacation guidelines...
1. One splurge meal a day.
2. One salad a day and veggies and/or fruit with every meal
3. Find a way to exercise daily, even if it is just a walk. Especially on the train.
I am going to try very hard to follow the Eat To Live guidelines. I am also trying to wean myself off of anxiety/depression medication (with the help of my doctor). I was doing pretty good, cutting back to half my dosage and then this month I was supposed to go to every other day, but because I slipped in the healthy part of eating I have had some trouble with this and have been feeling very low and tired. I am going to continue with the half dosage this month while I get back on the healthy eating track and then try the every other day next month, eventually getting off of it completely. They key is to stick to a healthy whole foods diet and regular exercise.
Is anyone else doing the challenge?