Monday, June 3, 2013

Vegan Eating in KC -- Cafe Gratitude

A couple weekends ago I checked out the Café Gratitude in Kansas City. I know these are in other big cities and am excited there is one in KC.
)

It is in the Crossroads Arts District which is East of the city and a little bit South.


I went on a Friday afternoon about 1 pm and it was still busy so I had a little bit of a wait for a table (there was a space at the counter available, but I did not want to sit there..

Since I had never been before I asked the waitress for suggestions and she told me some of her favorites. I decided in the I Am Present (Seasonal bruschetta- toasted baguette with cashew
mozzarella topped with tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette & fresh basil) and I Am Peace (Live onion bagel with cashew crème cheese, nori “lox,” tomato, onion, capers & sprouts), both of which were excellent. I also had an I Am Superb (apple juice, lemon and ginger) to drink, but it was very strong. I think I managed to drink only half. They give you a carafe of water when you sit down, too.


On our way back from Branson last week I went back and took my husband. This time I had the I Am Creative(pizza like) on buckwheat crackers (they were out of the live onion sunflower crust), 3 live crackers with "mozzarella" cheese and an I Am Refreshed(House made lemonade on ice with fresh lemon juice & agave topped with sparkling water). TJ had the I Am Comforted (Roasted garlic potatoes served with spicy nacho cheese). We liked our choices :) For dessert TJ chose an all raw raspberry cake and I had a chocolate with raw ingredients (can't remember what kind it was!!).

I highly recommend Cafe Gratitude if you are in KC or another city where they have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and be heard