Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Little Veggie Recipe #1 -- Cheezy Pasta Casserole Bake

Welcome to the first recipe I am posting here on Little Veggie!! It is loosely based on Eat To The Beet's Heart Shaped Comfort Casserole. I will be making that very soon as well I think!

1st thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Then gather your ingredients

Quinoa Rotelle, Daiya Cheese, Mushrooms, 1/2 onion, no salt added tomato basil sauce. I also wanted to add some zucchini, but it was getting moldy. Same with my broccoli. I need to make sure I am using my produce right away!!

Prepare the Quinoa Rotelle according to the package. While the water was boiling I washed my mushrooms

and chopped my onion

Then I boiled the pasta

Combine all the ingredients, including some of the Daiya Cheese

Then sprinkle the top with Daiya Cheese

BTW, for those of you who may not be familiar with Daiya Cheese, it is dairy free. It is amazing!! I used the mozzarella kind for this, but they also have cheddar (they may have others, but those are the only 2 my Hyvee grocery store carries and I am just grateful for that!)

Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes (20 if you want the cheese melted just a bit more)

I was so excited I started dishing it up before remembering to take a picture!

I thought it was very good. I had seconds. Hubby said it was good and finished his bowl, but did not want seconds. He is not a vegetarian, but tries what I make.

I would give this recipe 3 veggies since he did like it and finished it lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and be heard