Monday, June 17, 2013

Healthy Vegan Summer Challenge Review

6 weeks ago I began participating in a healthy vegan eating challenge hosted by the fabulous Carrie, of Carrie On Vegan. It ended yesterday and I wanted to review how I did. here were my goals...

1. Follow the Eat To Live plan for the 6 weeks.

2. Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes, including one hike or "trail" walk.

3. Lose at least 10 pounds to get to 165 pounds.

4. Document what I am eating in my new food diary and on the ETL website and document my exercise on the ETL website.

5. No salt, dairy or eggs.

I followed the ETL plan fully for about a week. Soon after we went on vacation and I got all messed up. I did use the plan as a guideline for eating for the remaining weeks, though.

I am happy to say not only did I establish an exercise routine and stick with it, I exceeded some of my expectations!! While I did not get in a trail walk or hike every week, I did run more and even ran 3 straight miles last Saturday!! I also signed up for my first 5k. My original goal was to run at least half of it and finish it in an hour, but now my goal is to run the whole thing. Under an hour lol.

I did not get to 165 pounds, but I am at 167!! I am hoping to get to 165 by the end of this week.

I have been off and on with my recording what I eat in my diary and on the ETL website, but have been pretty consistent with recording exercise.

I have had salt. I have cut back dramatically, though. I only added salt to something ONCE. The rest was already in products I was eating. I have had a couple things with cheese in it and eggs. I am finding it hard to completely cut those out, but I am working on it. The hardest is stuff made with dairy and eggs. Eventually I will cut it all out. Remember, this is a journey! I also had fish once. Baby steps!! I resisted a hot dog temptation -- TWICE!!! But come 4th of July I am going to have some Tofu Pups!!!!!!.

There should be another challenge soon. Before it begins I will post my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and be heard